The mission of Buckner Barber School Inc is to educate and train students for careers in the barbering and cosmetology trades through classroom instruction and daily practical floor training as we prepare them to work confidently and competently as barber or cosmetology professionals in the industry.
To educate students on the history and classic techniques of barbering and cosmetology
• To introduce and teach the latest techniques involved in modern hair styling trends.
• To introduce students to the professional standards and overall business management principles of the barber and cosmetology trades.
• To develop professional qualities within each student by teaching them the importance of good public relations and customer services.
• To teach our students the current Texas Barber and Cosmetology Laws, Sanitation and Sterilization procedures, and the Texas Licensing Laws.
• To teach those subject areas which are most needed for the course through hands-on instructional programs on the clinic floors.
• To assist our students in finding employment at the conclusion of their training or course.
Faculty and Administrative Staff:
Mr. James J. Richardson President
Ms. Tonya Newman Lead Educator
Financial Aid Advisor/Associate Director
Buckner Barber School is licensed by The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation located at P.O. Box 12884, Austin, TX 78711 Phone: (512) 463-6599 Fax: (512)
Buckner Barber School is accredited by Council on Occupational Education 7840 Roswell Road Building 300, Suite 325 Atlanta, GA 30350 1-800-917-2081
U.S Department of Education, Customer Service Team 1-800-421-3481 or 202-205-5413