*Please note that an instructor license is no longer required in the state of TX to become an instructor. Please see our Instructor Program disclaimer.
The curriculum standards for the barber instructor license with one year of experience consist of 500 hours to be completed in a course of not less than 13 weeks as follows:
Program Cost and Fees:
Course: Instructor 500-Hour
Hours Required 500 (4 months/16 Weeks)
State Fees: $ 25.00
Instructor Kit: $800.00
Registration Fee: $150.00
Total Cost $8,475.00
The overall cost of tuition for the Barber Instructor 500-hour program is $8,475.00. Buckner Barber School Inc. also offers a payment plan for students who wish to pay out of pocket for the program.
A complete barbering kit is optional and can be added for an additional $1,850.
A down payment is required at the time of registration. The balance is to be paid in monthly or weekly payments throughout the course until the balance is paid in full.
Graduation Requirements (Barber Instructor 750/500):
Before a student can graduate from the 750-Hour or 500-Hour Barber Instructor program at Buckner Barber School, the student must:
- The student must have accumulated hours required to complete the course of choice (750/500 hours Barber Instructor)
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of 70% or greater.
- The student must have completed all theory and practical requirements.
- The student must have completed Graduate Counseling with their instructor and the Graduate Exit Package/Loan Exit Counseling with Administration.
- All monies owed to BBS must be paid prior to receiving a certificate of Completion.
* * Please note that all monies owed to the school including but not limited to charges for outstanding miscellaneous fees, services and time beyond contract must be paid in full.